Wynters Wramblin's

Wynters Wramblin's is the name of the annual Christmas (or New Year's letter, if I'm late) that I publish and send to family and friends. I've missed a year here and there, so somehow the name just seems fitting for my blog. I hope that friends and family will visit here often and ENJOY!

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Changes...

Sat Feb 10, 2007

Dear Family & Friends,

Another BUSY week! I’m settling into a routine … and that’s good! Sundays, of course, are full with Sunday school, morning worship, lunch with Esther (usually), and then evening worship. My Tuesdays are the busiest--Bible study/TOPS/Mary Kay meeting!

I begin Tuesday with an early morning Bible study… In January we began an 8-week study, titled: In the Beginning, a study of the first eleven chapters of Genesis. It is EXCELLENT, thought-provoking, insightful, and requires plenty of homework that really digs into Scripture! [When this study is done, I plan to get into another on a different day.]

My weekly TOPS Club meeting meets midday Tuesday with weigh-in, a helpful program with challenges, encouragement, and accountability, and a short business meeting! It’s a great group of about 30 women, some who are also in the Bible study that I attend! It’s been really fantastic in a town of nearly 80,000 people to run across the same people in my small world since I returned!

Some of those women are also active in Nampa Christian Women’s Connection (CWC), associated with Stonecroft Ministries, International. Meeting at the Nampa Civic Center the first Monday of every month, CWC has a luncheon event, an outreach program for all area women. Table settings and decorations are first class, and the buffet-style meal is always good! A special interest feature, good music, and an excellent speaker are also highlighted. For $10, it’s ALWAYS a special treat. In fact, it was at an evening event for Stonecroft’s Christian Business & Professional Women’s Club (then), back in 1968, that I rededicated my life to the Lord, and made the decision to live for the Lord and attend church after being eight-long-years away! So, although the organization has changed to host only luncheons (??at least, here in Nampa), it is dear to my heart!

These women’s luncheons are held all over the nation, and the Stonecroft organization supports village missions throughout the USA. Since I’ve been away for quite awhile, I’m learning more, and have, in fact, already been appointed as Vice Chair for one year (Apr 2007 through Mar 2008). I will be working closely with a gal named Delores. The board meets every quarter for planning sessions. I am pleased that guidelines are well laid out by Stonecroft. Primarily responsible for publications, advertising, etc., I am discovering my position entails quite a lot of other work, and above all, TEAM-work! I feel that my work in the past has groomed me well for what’s ahead, and I know that I will find it a rewarding, rich experience! Delores and I have met for some orientation, and a group of us will be driving to Ontario Oregon for a day of training on Saturday, March 31. Of course, anymore, I have to preface everything with: “The Lord’s will be done” or “The Lord helping me!” Otherwise, if it’s all about ‘me,‘ it doesn’t ‘work’!!

Another huge thing in my life is that, in January, I launched my Mary Kay career, and I’m really EXCITED about that! It’s plenty of work getting started, and it’s a giant test of my self-discipline! But what worthwhile career isn’t?? I’m very pleased with all I’m learning, and I’m so impressed with the MK company, and all the folks that I’m meeting! My recruiter/director and good friend, Barb Och, is from Anchorage, but I’ve been ‘adopted’ by a Sr. Director here in Nampa, and I attend meetings in Meridian (30 miles round trip) every Tuesday evening. I can’t tell you how helpful those training sessions have been, and how exciting it is to find my mindset shifting in good directions! I believe, this is something that is ‘just right’ for me, especially at this particular time! I certainly believe in the PRODUCT, which I‘ve used for many years!

Strange thing… I’ve been ‘coasting’ for quite awhile! Well, since I had such health problems in Alaska about 12 years ago… NOT that I haven’t been busy these years--quite the contrary! But, especially thinking about work or a job, it seems like the Lord is telling me it’s time, along with better health, to get OFF MY DUFF and GET BACK TO WORK! My temporary job at Henny Penny Produce when we moved here showed me that it‘s good to be back in the ‘work world!‘… Even then, I was thinking about Mary Kay as I knew I was at Henny Penny for just the busy, fall harvest. Things are falling into place, and I’m confident that it’s where I should be, need to be!

This isn’t a blow-by-blow of my daily/weekly schedule, which is changing considerably as I am making major adjustments and using time/energy with consideration of my new goals. Especially, I’ve been looking at my time wasters (ouch!), such as puttering--I’m gonna MISS that one! Ha! Also, I’m suddenly seeing TV, computer, email, etc., in a whole different light! It’s turned out to be a positive, not-so-painful experience for me to become discerning about anything that would rob me of achieving goals that I’ve set for myself!

Bottom Line: It all comes down to BALANCE! I’ve been a very ‘free-spirit’ for about 12 years (some would say, all my life!), but now it’s time to buckle down, BALANCE my life again with the changes that have come with this excellent move to Idaho, and put the drifting-along lifestyle behind me. I DO have a Purpose! It’s exhilarating!

And, to all the people I’ve encouraged to SLOW DOWN, it’s good for awhile, but don’t stay there too long!

Love, Linda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home