Wynters Wramblin's

Wynters Wramblin's is the name of the annual Christmas (or New Year's letter, if I'm late) that I publish and send to family and friends. I've missed a year here and there, so somehow the name just seems fitting for my blog. I hope that friends and family will visit here often and ENJOY!

Saturday, February 10, 2007

My Perfect Journaling Spot (Borrowed!)

POSTS from Amy, and Lyn's response:

"Amy" wrote: It's by the ocean. I need to hear the sounds of nature. No cars, TVs or people, but seagulls, waves crashing, looking out along the mudflats and watching bird life. I love birds. My parents were bird watchers and I know almost all of Florida's birds.

But along with my perfect spot on the ocean I would need my writers desk. perferable under a big Australian pine tree. When the wind blows through the needles of this tree it sounds like an eerie whistle. I grew up with the sound down in the Keys when we would go camping, so I love the sound.

I would need a few raccoons around hunting up horseshoe crabs and mucking about. I love those little critters. Then, if you have never seen on, they are incredible--The Rosette Spoonbill. This is a big pink/rose colored bird like the flamingo except his bill is long with a spoon at the end to eat small water animals in the mudflats. They are very cool to watch. Bird watching takes a lot of patience, and silence. You must communicate with hand signals, like the navy seals do. I have found that people who respect wildlife and quietly watch rather than talk are some of the best folks around. You can be with 30 people and not a soul will speak.

So, I would be by the ocean, have my desk, all the wildlife and trees and the wind blowing gently, and then last, I would need my paints and paper and pens. Oh, and my Bible. Yep. I figure I can make this happen after my kids leave home for college. HA, I bet you all that have no kids are laughing at me and saying, "Yeah, right".

Amy in Florida

====================

Posted by: "Lyn Wynters" to a Yahoo Group to which I belong...

Amy, a WAVE (huge, tidal wave!) of nostalgia swept over me with your description of a Florida beach! I used to frequently take a briefcase of books and my journal(s) down to the nearest beach, Hudson Beach (NOT Florida's finest!!!) when I was living in Port Richey, to escape for a quiet morning or afternoon of study and writing, and there's NOTHING like a Florida beach to 'get away' ... In the winter there were few people, and yet the weather was perfectly pleasant, and oh, so, COMFORTABLE to this old Alaska gal!!!

Well, here in Idaho, I am having to re-group and still haven't found my perfect journaling spot, so for now I'm just gonna 'adopt' yours, Amy, -- or, at least, say, "Amen!" to your 'perfect journaling spot' description! Okay?

Blessings, Lyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home