Wynters Wramblin's

Wynters Wramblin's is the name of the annual Christmas (or New Year's letter, if I'm late) that I publish and send to family and friends. I've missed a year here and there, so somehow the name just seems fitting for my blog. I hope that friends and family will visit here often and ENJOY!

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Life In The Park

After a stormy, overcast day yesterday, we have SUNSHINE again this morning--to which I am so accustomed--even so, the wind is gusty and it's CHILLY this early morning!

This day certainly started out with a BANG!!

About 7:30AM I was out on my deck, preparing my recycle bin to put out on the curb and bagging up my garbage for removal today, when closeby I heard a *CRASH* ... then SHATTERING GLASS!! A momentary pause was followed by an unintelligible expletive (of the male species, or perhaps female-off-hormones?) and then more tinkling of glass!! It sounded like one of my neighbors was *TRASHING* THE INSIDE OF THEIR HOME!!

I looked around and saw no action... Hey, this place is NOT an 'early' action place... people sleep-in, and it's generally v-e-r-y quiet until later in the day! My immediate concern was for the widow lady across the street who lives alone, but I saw that her car was gone and realized that she was away, so this disturbance likely didn't come from there... Then I thought, it must be the people who seem to me a little rough 'n' rowdy who live on the other side of Brenda & John who live next door to me ... I heard some scuffling, and wondered if I needed to go back indoors and DUCK & HIDE!!! I was half-way expecting GUNSHOTS next!

About then, John--who works nights and is a day-sleeper, came out of their MH and stood calmly on the walk... Horrified, I peered over at him and inquired, "WHAT'S going on?"

He looked BLANK... dazed... slightly shook his head, and didn't say anything...

Still alarmed, I continued, "All that CRASHING..."

Deadpan face, he calmly replied, "Ohhh... One of our pictures fell off the wall and shattered the glass." Perking up a bit, he added, "And, it was a NICE picture, too!"

In relief, I answered, "Oh, my! I thought one of our neighbors was TRASHING their place!"

We agreed that since the picture looked like it was still okay, that they could get a new glass and frame. I suggested a LIGHTWEIGHT frame this time around! *hehehe* He agreed and even smiled at that one!

When I came back indoors, I noticed that John & Brenda's living room window had been left open overnight so that was why I so clearly heard the incident!

Hopefully, that was our Excitement-For-The-Day at West Pine Manor!

Gotta go! My coffee is cold...

1 Comments:

Blogger Lyn Wynters said...

I promptly received the following reply from a cousin who may prefer to remain anonymous:

* * * * * * * * * *
You're braver than I am. I would have had my phone and at least the 9-1 dialed. What a rip. It is good to know that someone is close enough to you to be of help if you scream...

I'm sure the coffee tasted good and hoping your underwear stayed clean on that eye opener.

Keep happy........B
* * * * * * * * * *

5/3/07, 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home