Wynters Wramblin's

Wynters Wramblin's is the name of the annual Christmas (or New Year's letter, if I'm late) that I publish and send to family and friends. I've missed a year here and there, so somehow the name just seems fitting for my blog. I hope that friends and family will visit here often and ENJOY!

Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Moment In Time...

A MOMENT IN TIME…
Tuesday, September 11, 2007


I stepped out from my front door with Buddy in tow for his ‘afternoon pee’ when I heard it! Scurrying down the steps off the covered deck, I stood in my open yard and looked up into the clear blue sky. What a THRILL to see four Air Force guard jets in close formation appear from the northeast, flying low, directly overhead on their path for landing at Mountain Home Air Force Base! I was in awe!

A serendipitous moment as I realized that if I had been even seconds later, I would have missed it! In that brief moment I experienced a big-time flashback! The familiar deep drone of the planes took me back to the 1960’s when we lived at 1311 E Ash St in Caldwell. The Vietnam war was on and Air Force jets flew overhead daily. I didn‘t even mind sonic booms! In fact, I loved it! They seemed to make a statement that I could not.

Back then, I had an unfulfilled, cavernous yearning to be up there, high in the sky, traveling to the world’s most exhilarating destinations! Now, I have the deepest satisfaction to remain on the ground right here where I am in Nampa Idaho and live my days in memories!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home