Wynters Wramblin's

Wynters Wramblin's is the name of the annual Christmas (or New Year's letter, if I'm late) that I publish and send to family and friends. I've missed a year here and there, so somehow the name just seems fitting for my blog. I hope that friends and family will visit here often and ENJOY!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"Yes, Virginia, there IS a Santa Clause!"

[NOTE: This was an email I sent to my brother, sisters, and sons...]

**WARNING: This is not a 'theologically correct' title/story...**

I got a call yesterday from my pastor telling me, "Santa needs your car" ... (then, "I'll come by and get it, and leave my truck for you, in case you need it.") I didn't have a clue, but was afraid to ask too many questions! It isn't usual that churches practice "PimpMyRide" [referring to the popular TV show]

This afternoon we made the switch, and he brought it back with FOUR NEW TIRES!!! Whoa! Pastor was just the 'middle-man' and said that the lay-people in the church did this for me!

Wow!! Isn't that cool?? I had a screw in a tire a couple of Sundays ago, and a couple of the guys changed it after church, put on my spare, aired it up, which got me back to town. Since Les Schwab is closed on Sundays, I had the tire repaired a couple of days later... I had a nail in another tire probably 10 days before! Well, I know that NEW tires don't prevent nail/screws, etc. from flats, but I guess when these guys saw my tires, they decided it would be a GOOD thing for their music lady to have all new tires! Oh, it was a GIFT, too, that Les Schwab didn't charge for the two previous repairs!!!

Now, Derryl is looking for a good deal on an alternator for me, and I'll be GoodAsNew again! :)

Thought I'd pass on this warm little story on while I am thanking God for His provision that I didn't even know I needed! :)

Love, Linda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home